Dr. Chen is Chair and Professor of Management, HR and Information Systems Area of the Orfalea College of Business. He received his Ph.D. in Management Information Systems from the University of Memphis in 2000. His teaching, research and consulting interests include electronic and mobile commerce, business analytics, diffusion of IT in organizations, and global IT management. Chen has published more than 40 professional articles in top-ranked IS journals including Information & Management, International Journal of Information Management, Data Base, Communications of AIS, Journal of Management Systems, International Journal of Mobile Communications, Information Systems Management, Logistics Information Management, Information Resources Management Journal, Journal of Computer Information Systems, Electronic Markets, and Journal of Education for MIS. Dr. Chen has co-authored one popular textbook, Business Analytics: Communicating with Numbers and one professional book, Mobile Commerce Application Development. He also holds an appointment as a visiting professor of the prestigious Beijing International MBA (BiMBA) program at Peking University in Beijing, China and serves as associate editor of the Journal of Information Privacy and Security.
• Ph.D. in Management Information Systems, University of Memphis, 2000.
• MBA, University of Central Arkansas, 1996.
• Senior Program Manager, Microsoft Asia-Pacific Research & Development
• Professor of Information Systems, Creighton University
• Assistant Professor of Information Systems, Northern Michigan University