Dr. Hess is a pioneer in the science of consumer brand relationships. The models and measures he has developed are used extensively in industry and his foundational consumer trust measure (Hess 1995) is commonly cited in the academic marketing literature by those currently researching consumer-brand relationships. His work is published in trade and peer reviewed academic publications, and he continues to advance relationship science by formalizing the Consumer Investment Model.
He has consulted with over 100 companies in a twenty year research career including Microsoft, McDonald’s, Sony and a wide variety of automotive and telecommunications firms. At least two large marketing research firms are currently using Dr. Hess’ consumer relationship model as their primary brand loyalty platform.
Jeff received his PhD in Marketing Research Methodology from the University of Colorado, Boulder. He earned his MBA in Marketing from Pepperdine University and a BA in Radio, TV and Film from Biola University. He currently teaches a variety of marketing and marketing research classes, specializing in training students to apply data analytic techniques toward answering strategic marketing questions – using real world data and methods.
- BA Radio, TV, Film — Biola University, La Mirada, CA
- MBA Marketing — Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
- Ph.D. Marketing Research Methods — University of Colorado, Boulder
- Associate Professor — Orfalea College of Business, Cal Poly
- Assistant Professor — Northeastern University, Boston
- Senior Vice President — TNS Research
- Vice President, Senior Methodologist — Harris Interactive
- Director — Qwest Telecommunications
- Senior Research Manager — Mazda Motor America, Irvine CA
- Project Director (CSI, IQS) — JD Power and Associates