Dr. Jaggia is an applied econometrician with research interests in multiple business disciplines. He values research that is broadly defined, with appeal to both academics and practitioners. His recent research interests include pricing and consumer credit issues involving rent-to-own agreements, executive management style and compensation, and the cutoff selection in classification models. He has published in journals such as the Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Empirical Finance, Review of Economics and Statistics, Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, Journal of Econometrics, and Journal of Applied Econometrics.
Dr. Jaggia is an accomplished author, having published four highly successful textbooks in Business Statistics and Business Analytics with McGraw-Hill. These textbooks have become McGraw-Hill’s most successful brand in the fields of Business Statistics and Business Analytics.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA ®) Charter, 2003, CFA Institute
- Ph.D. in Economics, 1990, Indiana University, Bloomington
- B.A. in Economics and Mathematics, 1981, Panjab University, India
- Associate Dean of Graduate Programs — Orfalea College of Business at Cal Poly
- Professor — Suffolk University, Boston
- Senior Economist — Beacon Hill Institute, Boston
- Consultant — Asset Sciences Inc., Boston
Fax (805) 756-1473