MS Packaging Value Chain Certificates FAQs
- Who are the Packaging Value Chain Professional Certificates designed for?
The M.S. in Packaging Value Chain program offers coursework leading to a comprehensive understanding of the critical subsets of the packaging value proposition in the global context. These certificates have been carefully designed to accommodate individual needs of professionals looking to advance their knowledge without the need for a graduate degree.
- What is the difference between the master’s program and Cal Poly’s certificate programs in packaging value chain?
The M.S. Packaging Value Chain degree provides the students with a holistic exposure to the value addition potential of packaging through embracing the relevant disciplines of packaging science and technology, data analytics, design, marketing, finance, supply chain, operations and quantitative analysis. The certificates provide students with opportunities to acquire comprehensive understanding of the critical subsets of the packaging value proposition in the global context. Certificates require 3 courses each.
- How long do the Packaging Value Chain Professional Certificates take to complete?
Depending upon the certificate of interest, the coursework can be accomplished between one to two quarters.
- Can I enroll in only a course or two?
If your application is approved, you are then able to enroll in any of the Packaging Certificate Programs, or even individual courses offered through the packaging program (with Director approval). However, the entire program must be completed in order to receive a Certificate.
- Where is the program held?
All courses leading to certificates are offered 100% online.
- Can professionals outside of the United States apply to the program?
Yes, all Certificates are offered 100% online.
- Does the program require travel to Cal Poly’s campus?
No, as it is offered completely online.
- When will classes begin?
Complete course listings and schedule is listed here: https://gradbusiness.calpoly.edu/packaging-value-chain/packaging-value-chain-certificates-curriculum/